Restrictions on Activist Accounts: All Users Can Access the Feature, but Activist Accounts Cannot Promote Users
The profile page in Action Builder is where you can find important information about an entity, such as a person. To access the profile page, simply click on the entity (usually a person) from the Wall Chart.
Navigating the Profile Page
When you land on the profile page, you'll notice a summary section at the top. This section displays key details about the individual, including their name, location, and the color associated with their most recent assessment. It may also show any additional information set by your campaign administrator. In addition to the summary, you'll find a flag icon next to the person's name. You can use this flag to mark the individual for follow-up or to indicate any special attention they may require. If you have the necessary permissions, you'll also see a Promote button at the bottom of the box. This button allows you to convert the individual into an Action Builder user by creating a user account for them.
Once you've accessed the profile page in Action Builder, you'll find various icons and buttons that allow you to interact with the individual's information effectively.
Here are the key features:
- Contact Icons: Below the summary section, you'll see icons for email, phone, text, and map. These icons serve as quick links to contact the individual using the corresponding method. Simply click on the relevant icon to initiate the desired communication.
- Actions Button: Located on the page, the "Actions" button provides you with the ability to add new assessments, information, or relationships to the individual. By clicking on this button, you can easily record and manage important actions related to the person.
- Edit and + Add Buttons: Directly below the Actions button, you'll find the "Edit" and "+ Add" buttons. These buttons enable you to enter additional information about the individual. Clicking on the "Edit" button allows you to modify existing information, while the "+ Add" button allows you to input new details to enhance the person's profile.
- Tab Navigation: Towards the bottom of the screen, you'll notice a series of tabs. These tabs serve as a convenient way to navigate to specific information within the person's profile. Each tab represents a different aspect of the individual's profile, and you can click on the respective tab to access that particular information. Further details on these tabs will be covered in the upcoming articles in this section.
When adding addresses in Action Builder, you have the option to specify the country of the address. This helps streamline the autofill address feature by narrowing down the search to only the selected country. The default country for autofill addresses is determined by the Campaign Customization settings.
To add addresses, follow these steps:
- Access the relevant section or profile where you can input addresses.
- Look for the country selection field.
- Choose the country from the provided dropdown list that corresponds to the location of the address. Once you've selected the country, the autofill address feature will only search for addresses within that specific country.
- Fill in the remaining address details, such as street name, city, state/province, and postal code, as required.
- Save the changes or continue adding additional addresses if needed.
By selecting the country for each address, you ensure that the autofill address function focuses on providing accurate suggestions within the chosen country. The default country for the campaign is set via the Campaign Customization tab. This helps streamline the process of adding addresses and ensures the accuracy of location information in Action Builder.
Adding Social Media
The 'Social' section on entity profile pages is a valuable feature that enables you to enhance entity profiles by adding social media information. Just like you can include addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses, now you can also incorporate social media profiles for entities. However, it's important to note that the Social section must be enabled at the organizational level for each entity type, and only Admins have the authority to enable this feature.
Check out the comprehensive article, How to Add & Manage Social Media Contact Information on Entity Profiles, that covers everything you need to know about the 'Social' section on entity profile pages.