In This Update:
- New and Improved Uploader
- Tasks - Identify members of the same household
- Tasks – Auto-create turf based on a connection
- Tasks – Exclude assigned in query for turf
- Tasks – Quick delete on all turfs in a task
- Query Builder redesign & query by user
- Show most recent note in toplines
- Add note when adding assessment
- Show campaigns and contact info for potential duplicates
- Create connection tags (responses) via the API
- Bug Fixes
📤 New and Improved Uploader!
The Uploader has gotten a lot of love over the past few months. We heard your feedback about wanting an easier and more intuitive flow, and we’ve made improvements at all steps of the process to that end.
Key enhancements include:
- Instead of 3 different upload processes, you can now upload entities, info field responses, and connections info all in one file. (Deleting entities is still a separate process)
- On the Uploads List, you can now see more details about each upload including: who did it, entity type, a summary of the upload #s, and a link to download erroneous rows.
- More feedback and help along the way, such as: data previews, auto-mapping fields by column name, error messages that allow you to see the erroneous data, and more!
- Advanced options to overwrite existing data, including the option to overwrite with ‘blanks’
- More mapping options for Entity Profile info, including contact info status (e.g. ‘marked as bad’)
- Info fields available to be mapped to are now limited to fields that are ‘turned on’ for the selected campaign
Available to: Admins only
- Since this is an overhaul of this feature, all of your past uploads can be found by going to the bottom of the Uploads List page and clicking the link for ‘legacy uploads’.
- We have also fixed the bugs with uploading social media handles with multiple periods and hyphens.
A big thanks to everyone who helped us test the new Uploader. If you notice anything strange or unexpected, please let us know at email@example.com.
✅ Identify members of the same household when working on a Task
Now when a user is working on a Task, you have the option to show them other entities with the same address.
A few things to note:
- This only shows when the task is a ‘Home Visit’ canvass type.
- Householding is an option when creating a Task. It can be toggled on/off from the top right corner of the Task’s page.
- Once you confirm the canvass status for one target in a household, you will be shown the next target in that household.
Available to: All users (can be enabled/disabled on a Task by Admins, Leads, and Organizers)
Use case: You are doing a home visit, and other folks in your turf are home as well. Connect with them easily while you’re there!
Enabling householding on a task:
Toggling householding on/off:
The banner on a target:
✅ Tasks – Auto-create turf based on a connection
We have added a third option to auto-creating turf, based on connection type.
Option to select:
Turfs named by connected entity:
✅ Tasks – Exclude assigned in query for turf
When creating turf by query, you can now exclude everyone who has already been assigned to another turf.
✅ Tasks – Quick delete on all turfs in a task
We have added the ability to delete all turfs at once, in case a user wants to clear out a bunch of turfs and re-cut them.
📊 Query Builder redesign & query by user
The Query Builder has been redesigned and re-organized to make it easier for users to find the most important info. Now filters are in 3 groups: common filters, info and connections, and other filters.
Part of what inspired this update was the addition of the ability to filter assessments, info fields, connection fields, and canvass attempts by the user(s) who updated them.
Available to: All users
Note: this change required some changes to the code that might not be backwards-compatible. If you notice that old Saved Queries aren't working, please try re-creating and saving them again.
Part of what inspired this update was the addition of the ability to filter info and connection fields by the user who updated them.
Clicking these links:
Triggers this modal:
Show most recent note in toplines
You can now show notes as the highlighted topline. If an entity has multiple notes, they will follow this order of priority:
- Most recent pinned note
- Most recent note
The note text is truncated to 2 lines.
Available to: Admins and Leads
How it looks on Wall Chart:
Add note when adding assessment
Now when you update an entity’s assessment, you can (optionally) add a note to go along with it. It will just show us as a regular note, in the notes section.
It will just show us as a regular note, in the notes section.
✨ Show campaigns and contact info for potential duplicates
When a user (Organizer, Lead or Admin) goes to add an entity to a campaign, we search on their name and suggest potential duplicates so that the user can select one and add them to the current campaign. We’ve added some extra info to this process to give users more context when deciding if it is, in fact, the entity they want to add. Now if you click on someone from the list, you can quickly see their email, phone, address, and what other campaigns they exist in before you decide to add them to the current campaign.
Available to: Admins, Leads, and Organizers
🤖 Create connection tags (responses) via the API
See API documentation for more details.
Highlighted Topline Not Updating Bug
There was an issue with highlighted toplines not updating with the latest response. It’s fixed now. Thanks IBEW for reporting it!
⚠️ User turf assignment crashes if too many responses are selected
There was an issue where if too many responses (hundreds) were selected to limit a user’s turf, the page crashed. This has now been solved. Thanks IUPAT for bringing this to our attention!